While the 329 respondents to FoodService Director’s 2016 Menu Survey all represent noncommercial foodservice, their answers are as varied as the segments they serve. We surveyed operators from across the U.S. (20 percent represented the Northeast; 31 percent the South; 31 percent the Central region; and 18 percent the West) about current trends and future best-sellers in three menu categories; beverages, lunch and dinner. Here’s our coast-to-coast snapshot of B&I, C&U, K-12, hospital and LTC/senior-living operators.
- Another hospital opens a food pharmacy
- California bill introduced to encourage plant-based options at schools
- Bill introduced in Minnesota would reimburse schools who use local food
- Boston University dining hall puts on African Diaspora Cultural Night
- Dining hall food exonerated in Georgia College outbreak