Panko Breaded Italian Chicken Breast
A healthy take on fried chicken, this panko breaded chicken breast is baked in the oven.
1 cup olive oil
1 tbsp. ground thyme
1 tbsp. ground oregano
1 tbsp. ground basil
1 tbsp. fine ground black pepper
2 tbsp. kosher salt
15 boneless skinless chicken breast
4 cups panko breadcrumbs
2 tbsp. fine ground black pepper
2 tsp. granulated garlic
2 bunch parsley, chopped
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In large bowl, combine olive oil, thyme, oregano, basil, black pepper, and salt, mix well to combine.
- Pour mixture over the chicken breast; ensure the breasts are well coated.
- Place chicken into a plastic container, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Place panko breadcrumbs into a container, season with black pepper and granulated garlic, mix well to combine
- Place chicken breast into the breadcrumbs and press to coat on both sides, continue until all the breast are coated with the breadcrumbs
- Place the coated chicken breast onto a baking sheet and place into preheated oven for 8 -12 minutes or to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F
- Remove from oven place into serving dish, garnish with chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve hot.