Looking to expand beyond ordinary rice? Farro is a great textural substitution that holds up well to a pilaf preparation with fresh vegetables.
1 1/2 tsp. vegetable oil
1/4 lb. diced white onions
1/4 oz. minced garlic
6 oz. diced carrots
12 oz. diced zucchini squash
40 oz. vegan vegetable stock
12 oz. farro
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
- Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute.
- Add carrots, zucchini, and farro, saute 5 minutes.
- Add stock, bring to boil, reduce to simmer, cover and cook until farro is tender. Add more stock if needed
- Season with salt and pepper, taste and adjust if needed.
- Plate and garnish with chopped parsley, serve.