These insights from Technomic’s Flavor Consumer Trend Report can help foodservice concepts develop and menu flavors that meet consumer demand:
- 20% of millennials and 22% of Gen Xers actively seek out flavors to try on a regular basis, while baby boomers are less experimental—23% prefer to stick to their favorites.
- 43% of younger consumers are looking for beverages with unique flavors—not just food.
- 37% of consumers overall are more likely to visit a restaurant that offers new flavors.
- 43% of 18- to 34-year-olds like dishes that feature a fusion of flavors from more than one type of cuisine.
- 50% of all consumers prefer very spicy flavors. That figure skews to 59% for millennials and 58% for men.
- 60% of consumers find savory flavors the most craveable, while 58% crave sweet and 54%, spicy flavors.
- 54% of Gen Zers are more interested in trying ethnic flavors than they were a year ago. That number drops off as consumers age, with only 24% of baby boomers showing that interest.
Photo courtesy of Pixabay