Fans attending the Super Bowl on Feb. 4 at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis will be treated to a lineup of Twin Cities’ favorites, foods that pay tribute to the Patriots and Eagles, and a number of items created just for the event. Aramark, the contractor for the stadium and 13 others in the NFL, developed the menu with input from local culinary partners, including celeb chef Andrew Zimmern.
Among the 15 new items debuting on Super Bowl Sunday are sandwiches and signature cocktails representing the two championship teams, developed by James Mehne, senior executive chef at U.S. Bank Stadium.
For Patriots fans:
• The New England Clam Roll: A griddled roll stuffed with kettle chip-crusted clams, house tartar sauce and shredded lettuce
• The Wicked Red: Cranberry, blueberry and rum cocktail
For Eagles fans:
- South Philly Roast Pork Sandwich: A hoagie roll layered with Italian roast pork, sauteed broccoli rabe and provolone cheese
- Midnight Green Punch: Cocktail made with vodka, sour apple and lemon-lime soda
Minnesota-inspired fare and dishes from Twin Cities chefs are also on the roster, designed to give ticket holders some local flavor.
Here’s what’s on offer:
- Walleye Chowder made with walleye, the Minnesota state fish, and wild rice, the state grain
- Kramarczuk’s Wild Rice Bratwurst with caramelized onions and lingonberry chutney
- Sota Dog comprising a Vienna beef hot dog topped with tater tots, chive sour cream and paprika
- Northwoods Porketta Sandwich of fennel marinated pork shoulder, arugula, lemon, aged provolone and broccoli rabe
- Smoked Pork Belly Sandwich with mustard barbecue sauce, pickles and slaw on Texas toast, served with Hush Puppies with roasted jalapeno, cheddar and hot sauce
- The Stackwich, a build of roast turkey, garlic aioli and bacon jam on cranberry-wild rice bread
- Sloppy Chicken Nachos with smoked cheddar fondue, pickled jalapenos and cilantro
- Jerk Bacon Sammie on Hawaiian sweet bun with horseradish cole slaw
- Lemongrass Chicken Meatball made with tempura-battered chicken, hoisin sauce and onion-red pepper-mint relish
- Blue Moon Bacon Cheese Curds
- Blue Unicorn, a bubble waffle stuffed with ice cream, Fruity Pebbles cereal, strawberries, sprinkles, bubble gum sauce and pink whipped cream
Aramark is also implementing a zero-waste initiative for Super Bowl LII called Rush2Recycle. The goal is to recover more than 90% of waste during and after the big game.
In addition, the stadium will donate uneaten food to local entities, including a food bank.
More than 2,000 people will make up Aramark’s workforce for Super Bowl LII, including head chefs from many of the company’s NFL venues in other cities.