The Bleacher Report posted a fairly arbitrary slideshow about the coolest food items offered at the top 25 college football stadiums. Some choices are from off-campus restaurants, but there were some shout-outs for the colleges' respective foodservice operators. I know not every dining services department handles concessions for their institutions but a few of these menu items seemed interesting enough to share.
My favorites mentioned in the slideshow included:
• Boise State: Donuts, served with the customer's choice of icing to dip them in.
• University of South Carolina: Thai food such as egg rolls, pepper steak, beef with oyster sauce and various curries from Thai Kingdom Oriental Kitchen.
• University of Iowa: Foot-long chili cheese dog.
• Virginia Tech: Giant smoked turkey leg.
• Michigan State: Pulled pork nachos.
• University of Texas: Roll-it-yourself sushi.
• University of Nebraska: Original Runza Sandwich, made with ground beef, onions and cabbage all blended with a secret recipe of spices and topped with cheese.
• LSU: Jambalaya
• Notre Dame: Corned beef and roast turkey sandwich on rye.