July 16—The grand-prize winners in the Loyal E. Horton dining awards were announced at the conclusion of the 2012 NACUFS conference in Boston. This year marked the 39th year of the awards program.
The grand-prize winners in each category were:
• University of Georgia-Residential Dining Concepts
• Brigham Young University, Hawaii-Residential Dining, Special Event
• College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, Mass.-Retail Sales, Single Concept
• Brock University, St. Catharines, Ontario-Retail Sales, Multiple Concepts/Marketplace
• University of Michigan-Catering, Special Event
• Virginia Tech University, Blacksburg, Va.-Catering Online Menu