Zucchini and Quinoa Salad with Green Beans
Quinoa takes a lead role in this salad recipe. Also featuring zucchini and green beans, this salad is filled with healthy ingredients.
1 cup quinoa
1 cup 1-in. diagonally cut green beans
1 cup shredded or julienned zucchini
2 diced Roma tomatoes
2 chopped scallions
½ cup feta cheese
2 tbsp. fresh basil
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place quinoa in strainer and rinse thoroughly with cold water. Let drain. Bring 1 ½ cups water to a boil. Add quinoa, stir, lower heat and simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed and grains are tender.
- Remove pan from heat and spoon quinoa into bowl to cool.
- Bring water in saucepan to a boil. Add green beans and cook for 15 seconds. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Add green beans and zucchini to quinoa. Add tomatoes, scallions, basil and feta. Toss ingredients to distribute evenly.
- Pour olive oil, wine vinegar and lemon into salad and toss.
- Let rest for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Recipe by El Camino Hospital, Mountain View, Calif.