Wild Mushroom Sandwich
Roasted mushrooms combine with a tomato basil salad to make this great vegetarian sandwich.
7.5 cups assorted wild mushrooms, cleaned, cut
¼ cup chiffonade fresh flat-leaf parsley
¼ cup chopped fresh thyme
1 tsp. sea salt
½ tsp. fresh cracked pepper
3 tbsp. olive oil
5 semolina hoagie loaves
10 tsp. raspberry vinaigrette
2.5 cups fresh baby spinach
20 slices brie cheese
Tomato Basil Salad:
3 plum tomatoes, diced
10 leaves fresh basil, chiffonade
¼ tsp. sea salt
3 pinches fresh cracked pepper
½ tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1. For roast mushrooms: Mix mushrooms, herbs, first-listed salt, pepper and olive oil in bowl and toss gently.
2. Place mushrooms on flat sheet tray in single layer and roast in 425°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until well seared and golden tanned.
3. Remove when ready and let cool at room temperature for 15 minutes before use.
4. For pressatta: Slice hoagie lengthwise and brush generously with raspberry vinaigrette.
5. On one half of hoagie, place half cup of spinach leaves.
6. Lay four slices of cheese on top.
7. Pile roasted mushrooms on top.
8. Place hoagie top and grill in panini press or on griddle.
9. To assemble tomato basil salad: Toss all ingredients together and let sit in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Recipe by Saint Clare’s Health System, New Jersey