White Pizza with Sautéed Mushrooms, Goat Cheese & Spinach
A crispy thin crust is the base for this white pizza. Mushrooms and goat cheese add great flavor, and spinach leaves are added when the pizza comes out of the oven.
6 1⁄2 lb. high gluten flour
3 oz. salt
7 cups warm water
9 oz. fresh yeast
1 1⁄2 cups extra virgin olive oil
3 lb. white mushrooms
1 1⁄2 lb. shiitake mushrooms
1 1⁄2 lb. oyster mushrooms
1 bunch thyme
1 bunch oregano
1⁄2 bunch sage
1 cup olive oil
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
4 lb. goat cheese
Baby spinach, one case, cleaned, stemmed, and dried
1. Mix flour and salt. Dissolve yeast in water and let stand for 5 min. Using the dough hook on low speed, slowly add the yeast mixture until incorporated.
2. Add olive oil and continue to knead until formed. Increase speed and knead for 4 min. Return to low speed for a half min. more. Turn dough onto floured surface and cover with a damp towel. Let rise for 1 hr.
3. Divide dough into 6 1⁄2-oz. portions and form into balls. Place onto floured sheet pan and cover with damp towels. Put plastic bun covers over all and let rise overnight.
1. Remove stems from mushrooms and save for dark stocks. Slice all mushrooms and mix together. Pick herbs off stems and chop finely.
2. Heat olive oil until hot and add half the mushrooms. Add half the herbs and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until golden brown. Transfer to a large sheet pan and let cool. Repeat with remaining mushrooms and herbs.
1. Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and roll out a dough ball to desired size. Place onto floured pizza board. Brush dough with oil. Place 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms on pizza. Add 3 tbsp. goat cheese.
2. Place in preheated 450° F. convection oven or wood burning pizza oven until starting to brown. Turn pizza 1⁄4 turn and continue to brown. Repeat 1⁄4 turns until pizza is crispy. When done, take from oven and lightly cover pizza with spinach. Cut into 8 pieces and serve.