White Bean and Kale Soup
This soup is filled with protein, veggies and greens for a healthy lunch or dinner option.
1 cup olive oil
10 lb. yellow onion, thin julienne
1 lb. chopped garlic
4 cups white wine
3 lb. vegetable base
13 gallons water
6 #10 cans white beans, drained, rinsed
4 #10 cans stewed tomatoes
10 lb. kale, trimmed, chopped
1 cup crushed red pepper
3 cups Italian seasoning
1 cup kosher salt
3 #10 cans diced potatoes, drained
- Heat steam kettle to high, add olive oil and begin cooking onions.
- Once onions are translucent, add garlic, continue cooking for about 90 seconds. Add wine.
- Allow wine to cook off alcohol, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable base and mix. Once mixed add water. Allow water to come to a simmer, then add remaining ingredients. Allow mixture to come to a simmer.
- Serve or chill immediately.