These fruit and cheese skewers are filled with flavor and feature a honey-balsamic vinegar drizzle.
1 large watermelon
1 lb. cherry-size fresh ciliegine mozzarella balls
12 roughly chopped basil leaves
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup honey
- Cut watermelon in half.
- With melon baller, scoop out 32 melon balls, set aside.
- In medium bowl, add cheese, half of the chopped basil, salt, pepper and half of the oil. Toss to combine.
- In separate bowl, toss other half of oil and other half of basil with melon.
- In separate bowl, whisk together honey and balsamic vinegar.
- Using 4-inch skewers, place one melon ball through skewer.
- Place one mozzarella ball through skewer next to melon.
- Place skewers on platter and drizzle with honey-balsamic mixture.