Warm Lamb and Sweet Potato Salad
Australian Lamb is a great addition to a delicious salad, and it's ease of preparation is an added bonus.
2 large sweet potatoes
2 lb. boneless leg of Australian lamb, butterflied, pounded 1-2 in. thick
Freshly ground pepper
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
2 tbsp. red wine or sherry vinegar
1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice and grated zest of 1⁄2 orange
2 bunches arugula, torn into leaves
1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
6 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
1. To roast the sweet potatoes, preheat oven to 375ºF. Peel and dice the potatoes
into 1⁄2-in. pieces and toss with olive oil to coat. Place on a baking sheet and cook for
20-30 min., or until tender and golden brown.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, trim lamb and season with pepper and salt. Heat a barbecue or grill pan to med-high and cook lamb for 5 min. on each side, turning.
3. Cover barbecue or transfer lamb to oven and continue to cook 8-10 min., or until medium- rare and it reaches an internal temperature of 125-130ºF. Cover loosely with foil and let rest for 15 min.
4. While lamb is resting whisk together vinaigrette ingredients and season to taste.
5. Toss arugula, onion, and warm sweet potatoes together in bowl; add half the vinaigrette and mix well. Place on a platter or individual plates.
6. Slice lamb thinly across the grain and arrange over the salad. Scatter with the feta cheese and drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.