Vegan Chicken Szechuan Bang Bang
Add some kick to your lunch and dinner options with this hot-and-spicy Szechuan recipe.
21 lb. + 8 oz. vegan “chicken” stir-fry
1 ⅔ tbsp. + ½ tsp. kosher salt
17 eggs, separated, discard yolks
1 lb. + 5 ½ oz. cornstarch
8 oz. minced serrano peppers
2 lb. + 11 oz. diced yellow onion, unpeeled
2 lb. + 11 oz. diced green peppers
2 lb. + 11 oz. diced red peppers
2 qt. Thai chili sauce
2 ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup + 2 ⅔ tbsp. pure sesame oil
5 ½ oz. salad oil
11 oz. green onions
- Mix chicken with salt, egg whites and cornstarch.
- Preheat both fryer and grill to 350°F.
- Mix chili sauce and peanut butter together; hold.
- Carefully place chicken into fryer, stirring frequently to prevent sticking. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes and drain in perforated pan.
- As soon as chicken comes out of fryer, spread vegetable oil over grill. Add serranos, bell peppers and onions to grill. Stir-fry for two to three minutes. Add chicken to vegetable mixture. Pour sauce mixture over and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Transfer to 2-inch counter pan and drizzle with sesame oil. Garnish with green onions and serve immediately.
Very important to label as spicy.