Vegan Black Beans, Yams and Corn
This side dish has the perfect mixture of beans, vegetables and yams and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
1 pinch Vegelene Pan Spray
8 oz. yellow onions
1 lb. + 8 oz. fresh yams
⅔ cup, 2 ½ tsp. water
1 tbsp. + ½ tsp. ground cumin
½ oz. jalapeño pepper slices
2 tsp. garlic powder
¼ tsp. salt
½ tsp. ground black pepper
1 lb. + 8 ¾ oz. vegetarian black beans
13 oz. frozen corn
1 pinch cilantro
- Lightly spray tilt skillet or steam kettle jacket with pan release.
- Add chopped onions, stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add cubed yams, water, cumin, chopped jalapeños, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Stir, cover and cook 7 to 10 minutes, or until yams are almost tender.
- Add drained beans and corn. Cook 15 minutes, or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Add cilantro and stir. Transfer to serving pans.
Recipe by University of North Texas, Denton, Texas