The display of this Tuscany panini, which features diced chicken, pesto, roasted red peppers and provolone cheese, is too much to resist for visitors to Robert Wood Johnson's cafeteria.
1.5 lb. skinless chicken breast
¾ cup balsamic dressing
1 lb. broccoli rabe
2 tsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. slivered garlic
¾ cup basil pesto
3 medium roasted red peppers
1 lb. sharp provolone, shredded
6 7-in. round Alladin Panini Bread
1. Marinate chicken breast in balsamic dressing two hours before grilling or overnight.
2. Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
3. Blanch broccoli rabe then sauté with olive oil and slivered garlic.
4. Dice chicken, broccoli rabe, peppers; mix thoroughly with basil pesto and shredded sharp provolone.
5. Place 2 cups of chicken mixture on panini bread and spread evenly.
6. Place another panini bread on top and press down firmly. Cut sandwich in half to serve.
Recipe by Timothy Gee, executive chef, Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, New Brunswick, N.J.