Turkey Meat Loaf
Meatloaf, the familiar comfort food, packs less fat in this rendition. Served with garlic mashed potatoes, it could be either an everyday dinner or a meal for special occasions.
2 oz. butter
1 cup shallots, finely chopped
10 lb. ground turkey
4 tsp. salt
1⁄2 cup parsley, minced
1 1⁄3 cups fresh bread crumbs
1 cup chili sauce
2 tsp. soy sauce
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1 lb. bacon
1. In a skillet, sauté shallots in butter until translucent.
2. In a large bowl, thoroughly combine turkey, shallots, salt, parsley, bread crumbs, chili sauce, soy sauce, eggs and milk.
3. Divide mixture between loaf pans and top with bacon.
4. Bake at 400° F. for 20 min. Reduce heat to 350° F. and continue baking 45 min. until done. Allow to rest before slicing.
5. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables, if desired