Tuna is cooked with taco seasonings and piled into warmed taco shells. The spicy mix is topped with traditional taco fare-lettuce, tomato, onions and cheese for a delicious and satisfying meal.
2 tbs. chopped garlic
1 tbs. Oil
1 lb. chopped tuna
1 packet taco seasoning mix
1/2 cup diced chilies
3 cups salsa
1/4 cup chopped red onion, diced small
1 cup tomatoes, diced small
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
6 corn tortillas
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet on medium-high heat, sauté garlic in oil, and then add chopped tuna and taco seasoning mix. Cook for about two minutes. Then add diced chilies and salsa. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, combine chopped onion, tomato, cilantro, and Monterey Jack cheese.
4. Place tortillas in oven until warm, then remove.
5. Divide lettuce among warmed tortillas, add tomato and onion mixture, and then top with chopped tuna mix.
6. Divide cheddar cheese and top each tortilla with it.
7. Serve immediately.