Thai Rice Pudding
Try this unique twist on rice pudding from the University of Montana. With the sweetness of coconut milk to the hint of lime leaves, this dessert has the perfect sweetness in every bite.
2 cups sushi rice (calrose)
2 1/4 cups coconut milk
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
2 kaffir lime leaves
1 lime, zested
1 tsp. fresh-grated ginger
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup cornstarch
- Rinse sushi rice well and cook in ample amount of water. Drain and set aside.
- In saucepan, bring coconut milk, sugar, salt and lime leaves to a simmer.
- Add zest and ginger. Combine second measure of coconut milk with cornstarch to make slurry and pour into pudding.
- Cook for 1 minute and remove from heat. Measure 2 1/4 cups cooked drained rice into pudding and place in serving dish.
- Top with fresh-sliced mangos, if desired.
Recipe by University of Montana