Sweet Hawaiian Mini Burgers
Add a taste of Hawaii to a classic burger with these sliders, which feature pineapple and a special sauce made with barbecue sauce, pineapple preserves and brown sugar.
1 lb. ground beef
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
4 canned pineapple slices, drained
12 Hawaiian sweet or small whole-wheat dinner rolls, split
1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
1⁄4 cup pineapple preserves
1 tbsp. packed brown sugar
1. Combine ground beef and Worcestershire sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly.
2. Lightly shape into 12, ½-in. thick mini patties. Set aside.
3. Combine sauce ingredients in small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
4. Place patties on grill over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 8 to 10 minutes until internal temperature reaches 160°F, turning occasionally.
5. Meanwhile brush pineapple slices with sauce and place on grill around patties. Grill pineapple 4 minutes, turning once and brushing with additional sauce. Remove pineapple, keep warm. Brush burgers with remaining sauce after turning.
6. Cut each pineapple slice into thirds. Line bottom of each roll with lettuce, top with burger, then with pineapple piece. Close sandwiches.
Recipe by The Beef Checkoff