Freshen up your beverage choices with this simple recipe from Saint Louis University School of Law (Bon Appetit). With fresh strawberries and fresh basil, this beverage is perfect for a cool down.
2 spoon-chopped fresh strawberries
2-3 basil leaves
.5 oz. simple syrup
8-10 oz. sparkling water
- Thoroughly wash fresh strawberries and basil.
- Using spoon, chop up strawberries into small pieces.
- Put strawberries and basil in 12-ounce highball glass.
- Pour in simple syrup; adjust to taste depending on sweetness of strawberries.
- Muddle strawberries, basil and simple syrup together to bring out flavor.
- Add 5 to 6 cubes of ice.
- Pour in 8 to 10 ounces of sparkling water to fill glass; stir well.
Recipe by Saint Louis University School of Law (Bon Appetit)