Spinach and Artichoke Stuffed Portabella
Portabella mushrooms brushed with garlic-infused olive oil and loaded with stuffing mix, creamy spinach and artichokes will be a welcome addition to any Meatless Monday menu. Topped with an Italian cheese blend, it is a rich and hearty dish, satisfying even the most ardent carnivore.
3 ¼ qts. water, hot
1 lb. butter
1 (58oz.) bag UNCLE BEN'S Traditional White Bread Stuffing Mix
4 cups olive oil
24 garlic cloves, sliced thin
11 ¼ lbs. (6 qts.) spinach artichoke dip, commercially prepared, frozen, thawed
72 portabella mushrooms, stems removed
18 cups Italian blend shredded cheese (mozzarella, provolone, Parmesan)
Parsley, fresh, chopped, as needed
1. Combine water, butter and seasoning packet in a full-size steam table pan. Stir well until butter is melted.
2. Stir in bread crumb mixture. Cover and bake in a preheated 400°F oven for about 30 to 35 min.
3. Heat olive oil in small sauce pan over med-low heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant but not colored, 3 to 5 min. Remove from heat and let cool. Cover and steep for 1 hr. Strain.
4. In two large mixing bowls, gently combine 3 qts. prepared stuffing with 3 qts. spinach artichoke dip.
5. Brush portabella caps evenly with garlic infused oil. Portion ½ cup on stem side of each portabella cap and spread evenly to edges.
6. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 10 min. Remove from oven and top each stuffed portabella evenly with ¼ cup cheese. Return to oven for 5 more min.
7. Serve warm topped with a drizzling of garlic-infused olive oil and chopped parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Mars Food Services