Spicy Orange Pork Skewers with Orange-Peanut Sauce
These pork skewers are a delight. The pork is tender and spicy. The sauce adds great flavor. Served atop flatbread to catch all the delicious drippings. Finger-licking good.
2 tsp. curry powder
2 tsp. coriander, ground
2 tsp. cumin, ground
1 1⁄2 tsp. chili powder
1 1⁄2 tsp. fennel seed, ground
1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
3⁄4 cup olive oil
1 1⁄2 cups orange juice
2-21⁄2 lb. pork tenderloin, cubed
12 oz. prepared peanut satay sauce
2 tbsp. orange zest, grated
4 tbsp. orange juice
2 tsp. red chili paste
3 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
2 cups carrots, shredded
1 cup scallions, sliced
8 pieces of flatbread
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together spices, olive oil and orange juice. Add cubed pork and toss to coat. Marinate refrigerated at least 1 hr. to overnight.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together peanut sauce, orange juice, zest and red chili paste. Reserve.
4. In a separate bowl, toss together romaine, carrots and scallions.
5. Remove pork cubes from marinade and slide on drained skewers. Grill, 2-3 min. per side, until cooked through. Remove from grill.
6. Place a mound of romaine mixture on flatbread and top with 2 skewers of pork. Drizzle with about 3 tbsp. peanut sauce and serve.