Spicy Mayan Grilled Sea Bass with Tequila Lime Cucumber Relish
Enhance your grilling with OriginalTABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce and TABASCO® Green Jalapeño Sauce.
1 ea. Garlic clove, minced
1 cup Salad oil
1/2 cupOriginal TABASCO® brand Pepper Sauce
1 tsp. Lime peel, grated
1 Tbsp. Salt
1 tsp.Black pepper
6 lbs.Sea bass fillets, skinned and boned, 8 oz. ea.
2 Tbsp.Red onion, minced
1 ea.Garlic clove, minced
1 oz. Tequila
2 ea. Cucumbers, seeded, skin on, diced
1 lb. Tomatoes, diced
1 lb. Jicama, peeled and diced
1 Tbsp. Cilantro, chopped
2 Tbsp. TABASCO® brand Green Jalapeño Pepper Sauce
1/4 cup Salad oil
3 Tbsp. White vinegar
1 Tbsp. Salt
1/2 Tbsp. Sugar
1 Tbsp. Lime juice, sweetened
72 ea. Tri-color tortilla chips, for garnish
1 cup Sour cream, for garnish
2 ea. Limes, cut into 6 slices ea., for garnish
- Mix garlic, salad oil, Original TABASCO® Pepper Sauce, grated lime peel, salt and black pepper to prepare a marinade.
- Place the fish fillets in the marinade and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- To prepare the cucumber relish, sauté the minced onions and garlic. Deglaze the pan with the tequila. Combine the diced vegetables with the remaining ingredients and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare the broiler and begin grilling the sea bass. Turn once during cooking to achieve proper grill marks and brush with the marinade.
- For each serving, slice the cooked fish on a bias and fan out at the bottom of the serving plate. Place 6 of the colored tortilla chips at the top of the plate and mound the cucumber relish at the bottom of the chips. Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a slice of lime.