Crunchy with walnuts, this spicy, sweet and salty mix makes a filling and nutritious snack. It can be bagged for grab-and-go nibbling or set out on the bar for happy hour. Click to see this recipe.
2 large egg whites
1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp. sweet paprika
1 1/2 tsp. cayenne
1 tbsp. ground cumin
1 tbsp. curry powder
1 to 2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
2 cups walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
9 cups freshly popped unsalted popcorn
1 cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or no-stick aluminum foil; set aside.
- In large bowl, combine egg whites, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, cayenne, cumin, curry, salt and pepper; whisk until very well combined.
- Add walnuts; toss well to coat completely. Add popcorn and toss until spice mixture is well distributed.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking sheet; spread into even layer. Bake about 15 min. until coating is dry and both nuts and popcorn are crisp; cool.
- Add raisins and mix well. Store in airtight container at room temperature for up to three days.