Southwest Grilled Beef Sandwich
This sandwich from the University of Northern Colorado combines Texas toast, pepper jack cheese, roast beef and vegetables for an unique twist on the classic grilled beef sandwich.
1 ¼ cups mayonnaise
1 oz. chipotle peppers in adobo, pureed
20 slices Texas toast
1 ½ cups liquid margarine or melted butter
30 oz. deli-style roast beef, sliced
3 ¼ oz. roasted red pepper, cut into ¼-in. strips
3 ¼ oz. green chilies, cut into ¼-in. strips
5 oz. pepper jack cheese, sliced
- Preheat flattop grill or griddle.
- Combine mayonnaise and chipotle puree, reserve.
- Brush one side of bread with margarine, lay buttered side down.
- Spread chipotle mayonnaise on bread. Add 1 slice of cheese, then 3 oz. of beef. Top with pepper and chili strips. Top with other slice of bread, butter side up.
- Cook sandwiches on both sides, until bread is toasted and golden and sandwich is heated through. Serve hot immediately.
Recipe by University of Northern Colorado.