Seared Fall Fruit Salad
This salad, a great option for fall, features two kinds of apples, honey, dark rum or brandy and candied cranberries.
1. Brush fruit with honey or honey and rum mixture.
2. Preheat nonstick pan to medium-high heat. Spray thin film of oil.
3. Place slices of fruit on pan and sear until edges curl inward and golden brown, about 30 seconds.
4. Flip and mark second side. Remove from pan and dice into ½-in. chunks.
5. Toss seared fruit with cranberries and nuts. Can be served warm or at room temperature.
Recipe by Saint Clare’s Health System, Denville and Dover, N.J.