Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
These sausage stuffed mushrooms also feature shredded Swiss cheese, chopped green onion and garlic.
4 spicy-hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
30 large mushrooms
¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
½ cup chopped green onion
1 tsp. pepper
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for topping
½ tbsp. finely chopped garlic
¼ cup butter
¼ cup Vermouth
1. Cook sausage in oven according to package directions.
2. Let sausage cool, then hand crumble or gently crumble in food processor, taking care not to over process.
3. Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Chop about half of stems by hand and set aside in bowl. Add chopped green onions, breadcrumbs, Swiss cheese, pepper and Parmesan cheese to bowl of mushroom stems.
4. Heat butter in microwave and combine with chopped garlic. Add to bowl. Mix in Vermouth with ingredients in bowl, taking care not to overmix. Texture should be chunky, not like paste.
5. Fill mushrooms with mixture from bowl. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Recipe by Café Catering