Roasted Chicken with Warm Spices, Ginger Greens, and Potato Roesti
Well-seasoned chicken is roasted until the skin is crisp and brown. Serve with mustard greens and potato pancakes for a hearty and fragrant meal.
1⁄4 cup curry powder
1⁄4 cup coriander seed
2 tbsp. cumin powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. sea salt
12 chicken thighs and legs (whole)
Vegetable oil, as needed
1 tbsp. flour
2 large potatoes, peeled
1 tsp. mustard seeds
2 lb. mustard greens, chopped
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
1. In a small bowl, combine curry, coriander, cumin, paprika and salt. Rub chicken pieces with oil and spice mixture; roast at 450° F. 30-40 min. or until brown and crisp.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl whisk egg and flour. Grate potatoes and rinse in cold water. Squeeze potatoes dry and combine with mustard seeds and egg batter; season.
3. In a large skillet over high heat, fry approx. 1⁄2 cup portions of potato mixture in oil until brown and crispy; drain. Repeat with remaining batter.
4. In a separate skillet, briefly sauté mustard greens, garlic and ginger in 1 tbsp. oil 3-4 min. or until just wilted.
5. Plate chicken with a mound of greens and two potato roestis.