Roasted Chicken with Warm Spices, Ginger Greens and Potato Rösti
Fragrant roasted chicken legs are paired here with golden potato cakes. Greens infused with garlic and ginger round out this hearty meal.
1⁄4 cup curry powder
1⁄4 cup coriander seed
2 tbsp. cumin powder
2 tbsp. five spice powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tbsp. sea salt
12 chicken thighs and legs (whole)
Vegetable oil, as needed
1 tbsp. flour
2 large potatoes, peeled
1 tsp. mustard seed
2 lb. mustard greens, chopped
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
1. In a small bowl, combine curry, coriander, cumin, five spice powder, paprika and salt. Rub chicken pieces with oil and spice mixture; roast at 450° F. 30-40 min. until brown and crisp.
2. Meanwhile, in a separate bowl whisk egg and flour. Grate potatoes and rinse in cold water. Squeeze potatoes dry and combine with mustard seed and egg batter; season.
3. In a large skillet over high heat, fry approx. 1⁄2-cup portions of potato mixture in oil until brown and crispy; drain.
4. In a separate skillet, sauté mustard greens, garlic and ginger in 1 tbsp. oil 3-4 min.
5. Plate chicken with ginger greens and two potato röstis.