Risotto Papera Muta
A dish to inspire any palate, the duck and radicchio take this preparation of risotto to new heights. Creamy and fragrant, this dish is true comfort food.
64 oz. vegetable stock
16 oz. arborio rice
3 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 lb. cooked duck meat, julienned
6 oz. radicchio, cored, sliced
12 oz. red wine
1⁄2 cup parmesan, grated
1. In a pot, bring stock to a soft boil and reserve hot until needed.
2. In a separate pot over medium heat, add 2 tbsp. butter and oil. Add shallot, duck meat and 2 oz. radicchio; sauté until shallot is translucent.
3. Add red wine and stir until liquid is absorbed. Increase heat and add rice; toast for approx. 5 min. stirring continuously. Add enough hot stock to cover and stir until liquid is absorbed. Add stock, a ladle at a time, and stir until completely absorbed before adding another.
4. When stock has been absorbed, remove from heat and add 2 oz. radicchio, remaining butter and parmesan. Stir well; allow to sit for at least 3 min.
5. Season to taste and garnish with remaining radicchio.