Ravioli with Mushrooms in a Sundried Tomato Cream Sauce
This pasta is filled with endless colors and freshness. Featuring sun-dried tomatoes and fresh mushrooms, this dish is filled with flavor until the last bite.
2 1/2 lb. cheese ravioli
1/4 cup canola salad oil
1 1/2 lb. mushrooms
2 tsp. kosher salt
4 oz. julienned sun-dried tomatoes
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
8 oz. tomato fillets
3 1/2 cups light cream
1/2 cup fresh basil
1/3 cup Parmesan
- Spray 2-inch hotel pans with food release and pan up ravioli.
- To make sauce: Saute mushrooms in oil until golden brown. Add salt and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Deglaze pan with balsamic vinegar. Add tomato fillets and reduce slightly.
- Temper in cream, and hold hot until service.
- Steam ravioli until internal temperature is 165°F, for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Mix in two 8-ounce ladles of mushroom sauce and garnish with basil and Parmesan cheese.
Recipe by University of Connecticut