Raspberry Yogurt Parfait with Housemade Granola
A great option for breakfast or an afternoon snack, this parfait features granola made with honey, oatmeal, almonds and pecans, as well as raspberry yogurt, raspberry preserves and low-fat vanilla yogurt.
Yield: 21/4 pounds
2 tbsp. + 2 tsp. honey, local if possible
1⁄3 cup + 2 tsp. local maple syrup, grade B
1 tbsp. canola oil
9 oz. oatmeal
11⁄4 cups blanched, sliced almonds
1⁄2 heaping cup fancy pecans
1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
2 oz. sweetened coconut flakes
3 oz. brown sugar
1⁄4 tsp. salt
51⁄4 oz. raisins
4 oz. dried cranberries
61⁄2 oz. low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 oz. raspberry preserves
43⁄4 oz. raspberry yogurt
2 oz. Housemade Granola (recipe above)
1. To make Housemade Granola: Combine honey, maple syrup and oil. Separately, mix oatmeal, nuts, coconut, brown sugar and salt.
2. Add both blends to mixer, and combine until well mixed. Spread onto sheet pans. Bake in 250°F oven for 60 to 75 minutes, stirring gently every 15 minutes.
3. Cool. Mix in raisins and cranberries.
4. Pack granola separately. Refrigerate at 40°F or lower.
5. To make parfait, add vanilla yogurt, raspberry filling and raspberry yogurt to 12-oz. tumbler. Add 2 oz. Housemade Granola.
Recipe by University of Connecticut, Storrs, Conn.