Prawns and Coconut-Curry Sauce
Prawns are marinated in a delectable coconut-curry sauce. After grilling, they are arranged on purple rice tamales. The dazzling presentation is finished off with a topping of the full-bodied sauce.
Coconut Curry Sauce:
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1⁄2 cup peanuts, roasted
2 oz. shrimp shells
2 tbsp. curry powder
1⁄8 tsp. yellow curry paste
3⁄4 cup Sherry
1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
21 oz. coconut milk
3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
3 lb. jumbo prawns, shelled and deveined
1 cup lemongrass marinade
1⁄4 cup olive oil
6 purple rice tamales
1. In a saucepan, heat oil and add onion, celery, carrot, garlic, and peanuts. Cook about 5 min.; add shrimp shells, and continue to cook 3 min.
2. Add the curry powder and paste and combine.
3. Deglaze with Sherry and reduce. Add chicken stock and reduce to a glaze. Add coconut milk and simmer for 5 min.
4. Remove from heat; strain and add lime juice.
5. Combine prawns and marinade and refrigerate for 30 min.
6. Brush the prawns with oil and grill until done.
7. Place 5 prawns on each tamale and pour 2 oz. of Coconut-Curry sauce on each serving.