Golden brown and tender pork cutlets are served on thick slices of sourdough bread. A spicy ratatouille adds color, texture and delectable flavor.
3/4 cup white onions, diced
1 cup red pepper, diced
1 1/2 cup zucchini, diced
1 bulb fennel, sliced
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 cup dry white wine
1 tbsp. garlic, chopped
1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
1 bouquet garni
16 (1 1/2-oz.) pork scaloppine
1 cup breadcrumbs
Peanut oil, as needed
16 sourdough bread slices, toasted
1. Sauté onion, pepper, zucchini, and fennel in olive oil.
2. Cook wine, garlic, tomatoes, and bouquet garni 8 min.
3. Add sautéed onions and peppers and cook until almost dry. Then add sautéed zucchini and fennel.
4. Pound and breadcrumb the pork using an egg wash. Sauté in peanut oil until golden brown.
5. Divide ratatouille among 8 slices of toast, add two slices pork to each. Cover with other slice of toast.