Spice up your ordinary pizza offering with this simple and flavor-filled pizza featuring fresh pears, two types of cheese and fresh basil.
5 oz. fresh, organic pears, cleaned, sliced, caramelized
3 oz. red onion, peeled, julienne, caramelized
3 tsp. olive oil
.25 oz. extra-virgin olive oil
1 15-in. whole-wheat pizza dough, 32-ct. no tray
4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
5 oz. Cambozola cheese
1 tsp. whole black peppercorn, toasted, fresh ground
.05 oz. fresh basil
- Clean and cut pears into eighths. Julienne red onions and set both aside.
- Heat medium pan, and sauté with 2 teaspoons of olive oil and caramelize pears. Sauté for about 6 minutes on medium heat.
- Heat another pan with 1 teaspoon olive oil and caramelize red onion for about 2 to 3 minutes on medium heat. Set both aside in container.
- Prep dough after proofing and brush pizza with extra virgin oil. Add mozzarella, onion and pear. Spread around pizza evenly.
- Add Cambozola cheese and place pizza in oven.
- Remove pizza from oven and add torn pieces of basil on pizza. Cut and serve.
Recipe by Oregon State University, Corvallis