Pinto Bean-Poblano Soup
Lime juice adds a bit of zip to this spicy and satisfying bean soup. A corn and tomatillo salsa garnishes the soup with more flavor and texture.
3 tbsp. olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 large poblano peppers, roasted, peeled, and chopped
9 cups vegetable stock
5 cups pinto beans, cooked
3 tbsp. lime juice
1⁄4 cup sour cream, if desired
1. Heat oil in a large stock pot. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 min.
2. Add peppers and 4 cups beans; sauté 5 min. Add mixture to food processor and blend until completely puréed.
3. Return mixture to pot, add stock, and simmer 30 min.
4. Add remaining 1 cup beans and season to taste. Stir in lime juice and sour cream.
5. Garnish soup with corn-tomatillo-cilantro salsa.