Pineapple BBQ Sausage Burgers
Bring a taste of barbeque to your operation year-round with these Pineapple BBQ Sausage Burgers.
12 oz. Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Uncooked Pork Sausage Patties
¼ cup chopped scallions
3 tbsp. hickory flavored barbecue sauce, plus more for basting
3 burger buns, toasted
3 slices fresh pineapple
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1 cup shredded white cabbage
1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
1 tbsp. honey
¼ cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp. freshly chopped basil
1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
- To make burgers, combine sausage, chopped scallions and barbecue sauce in medium bowl. Mix thoroughly and form into 3 patties.
- Grill or sauté patties over medium heat until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Baste with additional sauce once cooked. Remove from heat.
- To make slaw, place cabbage in large bowl. In small bowl, add vinegar, mustard, honey, mayonnaise, basil, lime juice and salt and pepper. Wisk until blended.
- Add to cabbage and toss until well mixed.
- To build burgers, place 1 patty on each toasted bun and then top with pineapple and slaw.
Recipe by Jones Dairy Farm