Penne Pasta in Gorgonzola Cream Sauce
A rich and pungent Gorgonzola cream sauce is enhanced with vegetable stock and sautéed onions and garlic, then tossed with penne pasta.
2 tbsp. butter
2 small onions, minced
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup vegetable stock
1 lb. penne pasta, cooked
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup Wisconsin Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
1⁄2 lemon, juiced
1⁄4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
2 tbsp. coarsely chopped Italian parsley
1. Warm sauté pan. Add butter; melt until lightly brown.
2. Add onion and garlic; cook until translucent.
3. Add stock; cook until reduced by half.
4. Add penne, toss, and cook 3-4 min. to heat through. Stir in cream and cheese. Bring to a boil; cook 2 min.
5. Stir in lemon juice to thin texture slightly. Season with pepper; sprinkle with parsley.