Featuring two types of cheese and diced tomatoes, this pasta is full of flavor and color.
1 ½ tbsp. minced garlic
2 ½ tbsp. olive oil
3 ¼ lb. canned diced tomatoes with juice
½ cup chiffonade basil
5 oz. butter
1 lb. gorgonzola cheese crumbles
4 lb. cooked penne pasta
4 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat pan.
- Add oil and garlic, and sauté lightly.
- Add tomatoes and basil and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- When mixture has reduced and slightly thickened, add butter and gorgonzola cheese.
- Stir until ingredients are incorporated and butter is melted.
- Stir in pasta and heat through.
- Sprinkle top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Recipe by Washington State University, Pullman