Orange Cream Cheese French Toast
Stuffed French toast is both comforting and decadent. The crisp orange flavor blended with sultry cream cheese and sweet maple syrup is a knockout for the taste buds.
2 cups milk
4 whole eggs
1 1⁄2 oz. honey
Pinch ground cinnamon
Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
Vanilla extract, to taste
6 oz. cream cheese, softened
4 oz. orange marmalade
8 slices premium white bread
3 oz. butter
Fresh berry compote
Pure maple syrup
8 chicken-apple sausage links, grilled
1. Combine milk, eggs, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla; whisk to mix well.
2. In a bowl, blend cream cheese and marmalade together until smooth. Spread mixture on bread slices, forming 4 sandwiches.
3. Cut sandwiches in half diagonally and dip into egg mixture, coating both sides.
4. Melt butter in large sauté pan. Add sandwich halves and sauté over medium heat until golden brown on both sides.
5. Cut into triangles and garnish with fresh berry compote and a sprinkle of confectioners’ sugar. Serve with maple syrup and sausages.