N.Y.-style Garlic Pretzel Steak Delight
Bring a taste of N.Y. to your home with this Whitsons Culinary Group recipe. With mouthwatering steak pieces, fresh melted mozzarella and sliced white mushrooms, this sandwich has it all.
10-5 oz. hanger steak portions
4 oz. garlic
3 oz. olive oil
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
6 oz. butter
20 oz. sliced white mushrooms
1 oz. shallots
20 oz. fresh mozzarella
10 pretzel rolls
- Place steak on sheet pan and rub with oil, salt and pepper. Grill to rare.
- Melt butter, add garlic and rest of oil. Sauté until golden brown
- Split pretzel roll and brush garlic butter mixture into pretzel bread.
- Saute mushrooms in 2 ounces butter and shallots, and cook until just dry.
- Slice beef and add to hot bread. Lay on sautéed mushrooms and cover with fresh mozzarella.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe by Whitsons Culinary Group.