Due to an overwhelming demand for this dish, Executive Chef and General Manager Jason Brust decided to add it to Parkhurst Dining Services’ weekly menu. “We would have customers order quarts of it to go before we decided to serve it weekly,” Brust says. This dish features unique flavor notes and can be served year-round.
1 tbsp. canola oil
1 cup diced yellow onions
4 to 6 carrots, diced
4 celery stalks, diced
1⁄2 cup butter
3 tbsp. flour
4 tsp. curry powder
8 cups chicken stock
2 green apples, peeled, cored, diced
1 cup cooked, diced chicken thighs
1 tsp. salt
1⁄4 tsp. dried thyme
1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 cup hot cream
1 cup cooked jasmine rice
Kosher salt to taste
- In large stockpot, heat canola oil.
- Add onions, carrots, celery and butter. Cook until tender.
- Stir in flour and curry and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except hot cream, rice and salt.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes and then add cream and rice.
- Season with kosher salt to taste.