Mongolian Short Rib Pizza
Short ribs are cooked until so tender they fall off the bone to top this pizza. The sweet and spicy meat works well with the creamy and mellow mozzarella cheese.
For Mongolian marinade:
1 1⁄2 cups hoisin sauce
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
1 tsp. hot chili sauce
1 cup short rib pieces
1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
4 3-oz. pizza dough balls
1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
4 tsp. parmesan cheese
2 oz. red bell pepper, julienned
2 oz. yellow bell pepper, julienned
4 shiitake mushrooms, sliced
Green onion, thinly sliced, as needed
Fried lotus chips, for garnish
1. For Mongolian marinade, mix together hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger and hot chili sauce. Reserve.
2. In a pan, toss short rib pieces with teriyaki and 1⁄2 cup Mongolian marinade. Cook and reduce until meat becomes tender and falls apart, resembling pulled pork.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together tomato sauce with 1⁄2 cup Mongolian marinade; roll dough out and spread sauce evenly over top.
4. Top pizza with mozzarella, parmesan, red and yellow peppers, shiitake mushrooms and short rib mix.
5. Bake in a 550° F. oven for 3-5 min. Remove from oven, top with green onion and fried lotus chips.