Mississippi Wild American Shrimp with Orzo
This delicious Italian dish features American shrimp, basil and a light lemon flavor. This is a great dinner for a warm night and is even better served with a fresh spinach salad.
2 cups uncooked orzo
2 tomatoes, diced
1 cup green onions, minced
8 oz. feta cheese, crumbled (tomato-basil feta cheese works well)
4 tbsp. butter
1 lb. Certified Wild American shrimp
4 garlic cloves, minced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Old Bay seasoning, optional
2 tbsp. lemon juice
6 to 8 basil leaves, torn in small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Boil the orzo in salted water for about 10 minutes or until tender but still al dente. Drain well but keep in the same pot.
3. Add tomatoes and onions to orzo; stir to mix. Add crumbled feta; stir again.
4. Transfer to a buttered baking dish; bake for 15 minutes.
5. Just before serving, heat butter in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat and add shrimp and garlic. Season with salt, pepper and Old Bay seasoning. Sauté quickly just until shrimp turn pink.
6. Add lemon juice and basil and stir.
7. Place shrimp on top of orzo; serve at once.