Mini Tuna-Avocado Parfait Topped with Florida Grapefruit Ice
Offer up the refreshing taste of creamy avocado infused with Florida orange juice and traditional Asian flavors layered between cool sushi-grade tuna and topped with luscious fresh-shaved Florida grapefruit ice.
1/2 cup Florida grapefruit juice
2 tablepoons Florida orange juice
1 tablespoon Spanish onion, minced
1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
1 teaspoon sweet soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
6 ounces Ahi tuna, minced
- Pour grapefruit juice in thin layer no more than 1/2-inch thick in freezer-safe pan; place in freezer.
- When grapefruit juice is frozen, mash avocado. Stir in orange juice, onion, cilantro, soy sauce and sesame oil; set aside.
- Divide one-half tuna among 6 (2-oz.) serving glasses. Divide avocado mixture in half; layer one-half avocado mixture on top of tuna in glasses.
- Layer remaining tuna, then avocado mixture in glasses, dividing evenly. Chill until ready to serve.
- Remove grapefruit juice from freezer; scrape a fork over the top to create shaved grapefruit ice. Place one heaping tablespoon of grapefruit ice in top of each glass; serve immediately.