Mediterranean Rice Salad
This simple salad features rice, beans, greens and peppers for a fresh lunch or dinner option.
3 qt. hot water (190°F)
2 boxes Uncle Ben’s Roasted Chicken Flavored Brown Rice
78 oz. canned white kidney cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
26 oz. diced fresh red bell pepper
26 oz. diced fresh green bell pepper
1 oz. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
52 cups fresh baby spinach
- Combine hot water and contents of seasoning packet in deep full-size steam table pan. Stir well to disperse seasoning in water. Add rice and mix well.
- Cover and bake in preheated 400°F conventional oven for 25 minutes, or until most of water is absorbed.
- Stir rice well. Fluff with fork prior to portioning to obtain maximum yield.
- Add beans, peppers and parsley to rice. Stir until combined. Hold at room temperature or over ice.
- To serve: Place 1 cup spinach on plate. Portion 1 cup rice on top of spinach.