Mediterranean Mashed Bowl
Basil-infused Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Mashed Potatoes with Italian sausage, grilled tomato and mozzarella salad and drizzled with Balsamic vinegar.
1 pkg Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Original Recipe Mashed Potatoes
1 Tbsp Garlic, crushed
3 ½ lb Italian sausage links
10 ea Tomato, diced
1 c Buttermilk
2 lb Mozzarella, diced
1 c Basil, fresh, loosely packed
8 oz Olive oil
1 each Onion, finely diced
4 oz Balsamic vinegar
20 ea Basil sprigs (optional garnish)
- Prepare Potato Pearls® EXCEL® Original Recipe Mashed Potatoes according to package directions.
- Heat 1 ounce of olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add diced onions and cook until onion is translucent, stirring constantly. Let cool.
- Add garlic, basil and buttermilk to a blender and blend until smooth. Fold garlic mixture and onions into prepared Potato Pearls® Mashed Potatoes.
- Toss tomatoes in a large bowl with 4-ounces of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill tomatoes over high heat until browned about two minutes on each side or roast on a full size sheet pan in a 400°F oven for 10 minutes.
- Season sausages with salt and pepper and grill until fully cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F or roast on a full size sheet pan in a 350°F oven until fully cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F, about 20 minutes. Let rest for five minutes and slice.
- Chop mozzarella and tomatoes into a cubed salad style. Sprinkle with olive oil and season with pepper.
- Bowl Assembly: In an individual serving bowl place 1 cup Potato Pearls® Mashed Potatoes and top with 5 sausage slices and ¾ cup mozzarella salad. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and garnish with a basil sprig.