Med Chicken Sandwich
This noodle-centric chain recently introduced sandwiches to expand the "& Company" side of the menu. The healthy "Med" sandwich layers grilled chicken, feta cheese, vegtetables and tzatziki dressing on a base of flatbread.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, squeezed
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 cucumber, seeded
1 heirloom tomato
1/2 cup lowfat yogurt
2 tbsp. lowfat mayonnaise
2 cloves garlic, chopped, divided
2 tsp. sriracha or other hot sauce
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 bunch spring onions, sliced
1 portobello mushroom cap (gills removed), chopped
1 tbsp. white wine
1 cup fresh organic baby spinach leaves
4 to 6 pieces round flatbread
4 tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
Fresh cilantro sprigs
- Prepare sandwich: Rinse chicken breasts and set aside. Season the chicken with salt and pepper; brush with olive oil, 1 tbsp. lemon juice and Italian seasoning. Grill chicken and set aside.
- Coarsely chop half the cucumber and tomato; set aside.
- Prepare tzatziki dressing: Combine yogurt, mayonnaise, juice of ½ lemon, 1 garlic clove and sriracha sauce; whisk and set aside.
- Over med. heat, heat vegetable oil. Saute red pepper, green onions, mushroom, remaining garlic and white wine until lightly tender-crisp. Add spinach; cook to wilt.
- Toast or grill the flatbread to warm.
- Slice the chicken and toss into sautéed vegetables. Spoon mixture onto flatbread.
- For service, top each sandwich with 1 tbsp. tzatziki. Garnish with tomatoes, cucumbers, feta and cilantro.