Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Idaho Potato Compote in Cone
Featuring two different types of potatoes, waffle cones, veggies and fruit, this dish brings a new meaning to cones.
2 to 3 large sweet potatoes, medium cubed
6 Idaho potatoes, medium cubed
4 tbsp. diced white onion
1/2 Granny Smith apple, small diced
3 oz. cilantro sprigs, chopped
4 tbsp. vegetable oil
2 cups water
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. tajin spice
1 lb. corn (drained canned or frozen)
10 long red chilies (such as Holland or Anaheim), stemmed, chopped
1 tsp. granulated garlic
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
4.3 oz. melted butter
2 oz. cream cheese
1/2 bunch green onions, minced
6 waffle cones
- Combine potatoes, onion, apple, cilantro, oil and water in small saucepan and season with salt, pepper, cumin and tajin spice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are very soft and liquid has evaporated, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat and mash. Let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place corn on oiled sheet pan and roast for 10 to 12 minutes.
- In mixing bowl, mash remaining ingredients into potato mixture.
- Place small scoop of potato mixture into cone or plate as side dish and top with roasted corn.